Sports centers are a perfect place for sports lovers. They contain all the good quality equipment and one can play multiple sports in one place. With this much popularity, they make for a good business. With great marketing, it can be a hub for all the sports lovers in town.
Building your business in sports can be profitable if done properly. Keep an eye on what sports are popular. There are various aspects one should keep in mind before starting a business. The
- Think about the activities and sports you want to host.
- Identify the programs, useful equipment, and offering for your customer.
- Make multiple usages of big areas in your facility.
Investments required in the business
Before contacting the contractor, it’s essential to decide which indoor and outdoor sports you want to include. In the U.S., building a new sports center is also advised to include areas for disabled people.
Another expense is equipment. But there are always choices in that. If you’re going for golf, you can choose between a standard size and a mini-golf cart. The same goes for most sports, but it’s wise to stick with good quality stuff and don’t always for cheap ones.
Here are some sports with expected costs:
If you have a limited area:
- Snooker: Snooker is played on a table with pockets on all four sides and two pockets in the middle of the longer parts of the table. Players use the cue stick to hit the cue ball into the other ball. Equipment required is a full-size snooker table with a rectangular playing surface, a cloth, snooker ball set, cue, chalk, etc. The price varies depending on the quality of the snooker set. The minimum cost may be around $1000.
- Basketball: Basketball is a sport which is played with the least equipment. You just need a ball and a hoop. The ground can be simple but a wooden floor is preferred. A simple ball may cost around $30 and it has several varieties. Authorized members with prior verification can use the facilities in the sports center.
- Badminton: Badminton is one of the commonly played sports. It’s an indoor game that required a racket, shuttlecock, and net. Badminton sets are of lower quality you may consider buying them individually. The cost of a racket starts at around $10. It may vary on the preference of quality.
- Table tennis: For playing table tennis, a table tennis table is required which costs around $500 to $900. Racket and balls cost around $30 to $50 may vary on quality. In the sports center, you can book a slot before visiting the center. Its books on an hourly basis. Open play for 1-hour cost around $12, and robot play costs $10.
If you have a big ground:
- Football: It is the most popular sport in the US. There are several varieties of footballs you can choose from training footballs, match footballs, professional match footballs, beach footballs, street footballs, indoor footballs, etc. The cost may vary according to the quality, you can get a football around $30 to $50.
- Golf: The minimum equipment required are putter, the pitching wedge, the sand wedge, the driver, the three, five, seven, and nine irons, and the three wood. A full golf set may cost around $1000. The cost of the club set also depends on gender and bag color. For male, it cost around $359 and for female, it may cost $275.
How will you make a profit?
Day by day people are growing interested in different types of sports. It has become an integral part of people’s lives in the US. The average annual cost of membership is $507 for the first year and it drops to $479 from the second year. There are several sports centers in the U.S. operated by the government. A sports center can also make a profit by cutting down costs on equipment and by using advanced training methods. Using this method enables to increase the membership cost.
Sports centers are a necessity for the people in the US. People are focused on their health far more than past and what’s better than building strength through fun games. Therefore, building a sports center can be valuable for society as well as for the person building it. Once you find a good space in a nice locality, you can really make a decent living. At the end of the day, it’s more about having a passion for sports and building a business around something you love.